Now that you’re pregnant, you must be starving all of the time and you will want healthy pregnancy snacks! At least once you make it past the nausea and vomiting stage of the first trimester you will be starving.
Once I hit the second and third trimester of my pregnancy I was so hungry, I felt like a scavenging animal all of the time.
Disclaimer: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no extra charge to you. For any health advice I give on nutrition and weight loss, make sure you check with your doctor, as I am not a health professional. I am just a mama with lots of health and fitness knowledge and some experience.Read the full disclosure here.
I have created this ultimate list of healthy pregnancy snacks so you never run out of healthy ideas to fuel your body. You will need all the fuel you can get while your growing your little human!
Save this list for later when you are hungry and wanting some nutritional ideas!
Healthy Pregnancy Snacks
- Fruit or veggies
- Yogurt with fruit and granola (this is my lunch everyday because it’s so good!)
- Apples with cheese or peanut butter
- Trail mix
- Crackers or veggies with hummus
- Homemade smoothies
- Banana and peanut butter
- Peanut butter and banana slices on toast
- Fiber bars, they help you poop!
- Tortilla chips with guacamole
- Half of a tuna sandwich
- Protein bars
- Lara Bars
- Cliff Bars
- Ants on a log (celery with peanuts butter and raisins)
- Eggs with spinach on an English muffin or toast
- Cottage cheese with fruit
- Grapes and Cheddar cheese cubes
- Fruit salad (cut up fruit then add a dash of lime juice and honey)
- Cucumber sandwiches (cucumbers, dill, and cream cheese)
- Frozen grapes with string cheese
- Real fruit popsicles
- Hardboiled egg or half of an egg sandwich
- Toast with avocado
- Toasted English muffin or bagel
- Dried fruit
- Beef jerky
- Kind bars (they are the nut bars in the granola bar section)
Snacking often can help your baby receive better nutrients especially when they have a growth spurt in your tummy!
You also can ward off morning sickness from eating often and small snacks. This will help keep your energy up when you need to fight the fatigue you feel daily from pregnancy!
Pregnancy Super Foods
There are some foods that you should definitely add to your diet because of the major benefits to your baby!
Right below is the list, but if you want more details on the benefits for you and your baby read this post.
- Dairy products
- Whole grains
- Lean meat
- Dark leafy greens
Foods to Avoid
There are some foods that are critical to avoid now that you are pregnant. If you want more details on why you should avoid them, read this post.
- Raw or undercooked meat
- Deli meat
- Raw shellfish
- Smoked fish
- High mercury fish
- Soft cheese
- Unpasteurized dairy products
- Raw eggs
- Unwashed fruits and veggies
- Potluck food
- Raw sprouts
I hope y’all have a healthy a safe pregnancy!
If you have any other ideas of things you love to snack on comment them below for other mommas!